Perks & Guidelines
Applications for the 2020 team open on October 8, 2019.
There will be no cost associated with applying for, or joining, blueseventy racing in 2020. If you're accepted for the 2020 season, you will receive all membership perks and discounts. Even though spots on our team roster are limited, we encourage everyone to apply.
Criteria for Picking Team Members
- Athletes selected for this team will represent a broad range of backgrounds and ability levels.
- We are looking for athletes who are supportive, motivated, and have a positive outlook.
- We are looking for members that want to support their teammates through our online community, and/or at team events around the world.
- Members will receive a swim cap and pair of goggles from blueseventy.
- Members will receive a substantial discount on products from blueseventy.
- Members will receive discounts, ranging from 10% off to 50% off, on products from a long list of industry partners.
- Members will have the chance to win prizes from all our partners through monthly team contests.
- Members will receive an invite to an exclusive weekend gathering with blueseventy. We will bring our members together for group workouts, product education, and of course, a team celebration to end the weekend.
- Members will have access to activities planned around both local and national events in 2020. This is an excellent opportunity to meet other team members in person and race alongside them.
- Members will have private access to the team website. Each athlete can create a profile, share their race schedule, add their race results, share race blogs, upload pictures, and interact with other members.
- Members will have private access to the team mobile app. Available for download in the App store, members can communicate with each other, plan meetups at races, share pictures, and more.
- Members will have private access to the team forum. This is the perfect place to seek encouragement from team members, brag about your accomplishments, get inspired by other team members, or just share a laugh with like-minded individuals.
- Members will get access to exclusive team gear. This includes cycling gear, running gear, casualwear and more.
- Members will have exclusive access to pro meet & greets throughout the year.
- Train and race in the current blueseventy racing gear. We want all our members to represent the team in their athletic endeavors. We understand that some of our members will have ties to other teams and clubs, but we still want our members to represent the team as much as possible. We will verify that each member makes an initial purchase from the 2020 team store before being granted official acceptance onto the team. We will have all types of team gear available, and it is up to each member to determine how they will represent the team in their training and racing.
- Come to a team event in 2020. We strongly encourage our members to come to a team race and/or the weekend gathering with blueseventy. All 2020 team events will be officially announced after our roster is set.
- Promote blueseventy. As team members, it’s expected that you act as an expert on the brand. We expect our 2020 members to help with marketing efforts through social media posts and/or through interactions with your peers during training and racing.
- Make sure to like/follow all blueseventy accounts. Engage with blueseventy, post pictures, and make sure to use the hashtags #allfortheswim, #swimmingfaster and #blueseventyracing.
- Use the team website and team mobile app to stay updated and connected with other team members. Members should create a profile, keep your race schedule current, log race results, write race recaps, etc. The more our athletes share and engage with each other, the better we can promote everyone and brag when they do well.
- Refrain from publicly promoting any products from conflicting swim companies. This is an exclusive swim partnership with blueseventy.
- Be Respectful. Athletes chosen for blueseventy racing are brand ambassadors and need to behave accordingly. Any action that may negatively affect the integrity of the blueseventy brand (i.e. doping) is cause for termination from the team.