Perks & Guidelines
Applications for the team open on October 11th, 2021.
There will be no cost associated with applying for, or joining, blueseventy racing. If you're accepted, you will receive all membership perks and discounts. Spots on our team roster are limited, but we encourage everyone to apply.
Criteria for Picking Team Members
- Selected athletes will represent a wide range of backgrounds and ability levels.
- We seek athletes who are supportive, motivated, and have a positive outlook.
- We seek athletes who are eager to support their teammates through our online community, and/or at team events around the world.
- The minimum age for acceptance is 18 years old.
Note that the timeline of perks related to travel and in-person events will be dependent on the continually changing COVID-19 pandemic.
- NEW members: swim cap and pair of goggles from blueseventy.
- RETURNING members: a latex swim cap with their first racing-gear-store order.
- A substantial discount on products from blueseventy.
- Discounts on products from a long list of industry partners.
- Opportunities to win prizes from our industry partners.
- Access to coaching resources - workouts, blogs, tips, videos and recipes.
- Opportunities to enroll in direct coaching and group training with head coaching staff.
- Invitation to exclusive team gatherings.
- Invitation to activities planned around both local and national events. This is an excellent opportunity to meet other team members in person and race alongside them.
- Private access to the team website where you will build your athlete profile, share your race schedule and results, write race recaps, share photos, and interact with other members.
- Private access to the team mobile app where you can communicate with other members, plan meetups, check the team calendar, submit challenge completions, share pictures, and more.
- Private access to the team forum. This is the perfect place to seek encouragement, brag about your accomplishments, get inspired by your teammates, or just share a laugh with like-minded individuals!
- Access to exclusive team gear. This includes cycling gear, running gear, casualwear and more.
- Exclusive access to pro meet & greets and industry gear-talks throughout the year.
- Train and race in the current blueseventy racing gear. We want all our members to represent the team in their athletic endeavors. We understand that some of our members will have ties to other teams and clubs, but we still want our members to represent the team as much as possible. We will have all types of team gear available in the official team store, and it is up to each member to determine how they will represent the team in their training and racing.
- Come to a team event. We strongly encourage our members to attend a team race and/or team gathering.
- Promote blueseventy. As team members, it’s expected that you act as an expert on the brand. We expect our members to help with marketing efforts through social media posts and/or through interactions with your peers during training and racing.
- Make sure to like/follow all blueseventy social channels. Engage with blueseventy, post pictures, and make sure to use the hashtags #allfortheswim, #swimmingfaster and #blueseventyracing.
- Use the team website and team mobile app to stay updated and connected with other team members. Members should create a profile, keep your race schedule current, log race results, write race recaps, etc. The more our athletes share and engage with each other, the better we can promote everyone and brag when they do well.
- Refrain from publicly promoting any products from conflicting swim companies. This is an exclusive swim partnership with blueseventy.
- Be Respectful. Athletes chosen for blueseventy racing are brand ambassadors and need to behave accordingly. Any action that may negatively affect the integrity of the blueseventy brand (i.e. doping) is cause for termination from the team.