Perks & Guidelines
Applications for the 2021 team open on September 16th, 2020.
There will be no cost associated with applying for, or joining, blueseventy racing for the 2021 season. If you're accepted for the 2021 season, you will receive all membership perks and discounts. Spots on our team roster are limited, but we encourage everyone to apply.
Criteria for Picking Team Members
- Selected athletes will represent a wide range of backgrounds and ability levels.
- We seek athletes who are supportive, motivated, and have a positive outlook.
- We seek athletes who are eager to support their teammates through our online community, and/or at team events around the world.
- The minimum age for acceptance is 18 years old.
Note that the timeline of perks related to travel and in-person events will be dependent on the continually changing COVID-19 pandemic.
- A swim cap and pair of goggles from blueseventy.
- A substantial discount on products from blueseventy.
- Discounts on products from a long list of industry partners.
- Opportunities to win prizes from our industry partners.
- Invitation to exclusive team gatherings.
- Invitation to activities planned around both local and national events in 2021. This is an excellent opportunity to meet other team members in person and race alongside them.
- Private access to the team website where you will build your athlete profile, share your race schedule and results, write race recaps, share photos, and interact with other members.
- Private access to the team mobile app where you can communicate with other members, plan meetups, check the team calendar, submit challenge completions, share pictures, and more.
- Private access to the team forum. This is the perfect place to seek encouragement, brag about your accomplishments, get inspired by your teammates, or just share a laugh with like-minded individuals!
- Access to exclusive team gear. This includes cycling gear, running gear, casualwear and more.
- Exclusive access to pro meet & greets and industry gear-talks throughout the year.
- Train and race in the current blueseventy racing gear. We want all our members to represent the team in their athletic endeavors. We understand that some of our members will have ties to other teams and clubs, but we still want our members to represent the team as much as possible. We will have all types of team gear available in the official team store, and it is up to each member to determine how they will represent the team in their training and racing. *Exceptions are made for 2020 members who were unable to race in 2020 team gear. These members are invited to represent the team wearing their 2020 gear as opposed to the new 2021 gear.
- Come to a team event in 2021. We strongly encourage our members to attend a team race and/or team gathering. All 2021 team events will be officially announced after our roster is set.
- Promote blueseventy. As team members, it’s expected that you act as an expert on the brand. We expect our 2021 members to help with marketing efforts through social media posts and/or through interactions with your peers during training and racing.
- Make sure to like/follow all blueseventy social channels. Engage with blueseventy, post pictures, and make sure to use the hashtags #allfortheswim, #swimmingfaster and #blueseventyracing.
- Use the team website and team mobile app to stay updated and connected with other team members. Members should create a profile, keep your race schedule current, log race results, write race recaps, etc. The more our athletes share and engage with each other, the better we can promote everyone and brag when they do well.
- Refrain from publicly promoting any products from conflicting swim companies. This is an exclusive swim partnership with blueseventy.
- Be Respectful. Athletes chosen for blueseventy racing are brand ambassadors and need to behave accordingly. Any action that may negatively affect the integrity of the blueseventy brand (i.e. doping) is cause for termination from the team.